Do you have an online Shopify store and want more and more people to visit it?
As a business owner who has established an online store, you will want to stand out. However, getting your website to rank highly on Google is more difficult now than in the early days of the internet. Then, everything else will fall into place if you simply pack your page content with keywords.
But did you know keyword stuffing can result in a penalty? Additionally, keyword stuffing is no longer effective because Google’s ranking metrics are more complicated than before.
The good news is that your Shopify website can still rank highly on search engine result pages (SERPs). This Shopify SEO guide’s primary objective is to demonstrate SEO strategies to improve your store’s ranking in search results.
But let’s first learn what exactly Shopify SEO is.
What is SEO for Shopify?
Simply put, Shopify SEO is the process of getting your online store to appear at the top of search results, ideally at position one or zero, to attract the most natural visitors, increase sales, and increase your revenues.
Anyone can create an online Shopify store and start selling products and services there. Your online store will receive more traffic and ultimately generate higher income the more visible it is.
Why is SEO Important for Shopify?
- Local SEO is advantageous for Shopify stores because it increases their presence in local search engine results pages (SERPs), which increases website traffic and sales.
- It’s critical for eCommerce companies that heavily rely on foot traffic or have physical shop locations to target potential customers in the neighborhood.
- By demonstrating that an eCommerce company is a reputable, local supplier of goods or services, Shopify SEO may raise its credibility.
- Local SEO is a low-cost marketing approach that can help eCommerce companies succeed without costly advertising campaigns.
- Using SEO, you can create a strong social media follower base to draw in nearby consumers.
Top Shopify SEO strategies you must use to improve your store’s visibility
Here are some of the top SEO tips you can use to establish and grow the visibility of your e-commerce store.
- Add Unique URLs: According to certain SEO professionals, Shopify has limited customization choices inside the site architecture. Sellers have less freedom to alter Shopify URLs because each must contain the product and collection names. Nevertheless, to construct unique URLs, or as least as unique as possible, it’s crucial to include pertinent keywords in the slug or the URL portion that comes after.com.
- Choose and Add Keywords: SEO for Shopify also pertains to conducting keyword research. The good news is that you can often approach keywords for Shopify like you would for any other e-commerce site. Thus, Google AdWords continues to be a valuable tool. Keep an eye out for keywords with strong conversion rates. Additionally, don’t be deterred by a low keyword volume. You don’t want to be everything to everyone, after all. The proper keyword targeting for your brand should be your priority.
- Set Preferred Domain: Setting your desired domain is one of the first steps you must take in the website construction process and is a crucial component of Shopify’s technical SEO. This is when domain canonicalization can be used. The process of choosing a preferred version of your website’s domain and directing all other versions to that preferred version is known as domain canonicalization. This helps avoid problems with duplicate material and ensures that search engines properly scan and index your website.
- Increase the Speed of the Pages: Page speed plays an important role in how quickly a website loads on different platforms, such as PCs, tablets, and smartphones. According to studies, consumers are likelier to leave a website that loads slowly than three seconds. Hence, the easiest way to improve your site’s speed is by optimizing your photos and videos to make them smaller without sacrificing quality. By temporarily saving previously accessed data, caching can also be used to speed up the loading time of your website.
- Create Backlinks: It should come as no surprise that links are important for Shopify SEO, just as they are for SEO in general. According to research, pages with more backlinks receive more organic traffic. Your Shopify store must have links pointing at it. You can do this by determining where your competitors are getting the links to identify possible backlink sources. It can be done with tools like Ahrefs’ Link Intersect.
Since Google and other search engines are continuously changing their algorithms, particularly SEO, it is important to make strategies and implement them. We hope the tips mentioned above are helpful for you in optimizing your store for maximum visibility.